Six Bristol restaurants feature in this year’s Deliveroo Awards, which saw Oowee Vegan take home the title of UK restaurant of the year in 2019.
The shortlist of restaurants in with a chance of victory was chosen after the first round of public voting which saw more than 100,00 people across the UK cast their vote.
The six Bristol restaurants have been shortlisted for the following categories:
- Best Pizza: Pizzarova, Gloucester Road
- Best Breakfast: Boston Tea Party, Park Street
- Best Vegan and Best Editions: Oowee Vegan, Baldwin Street
- Best Cheap Eats: Taka Taka, Rupert Street
- Best Chinese: Woky Ko, Queen’s Road
- Restaurant of the Year: The Athenian, Wapping Wharf
Since its win in 2019, Oowee Vegan has since expanded from Bristol into two sites in London, as well as launching its first site in Brighton through Deliveroo’s delivery-only Editions kitchens.
Deliveroo CEO, Will Shu, said: “From providing free meals to hospital staff working on the frontline, to delivering meals to vulnerable people, and going above and beyond to protect their staff; we want to recognise and say thank you to our amazing small and independent restaurant partners.”
Main photo: Woky Ko