This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We will only use information you provide for the purpose we have described and we may pass on your details to select third parties. We use appropriate security technologies to safeguard your data and take appropriate steps to prevent unauthorised access to it.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- (b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- (d) any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both â€œsessionâ€ cookies and â€œpersistentâ€ cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. See the next section for instructions on how to set your browser to block or clear cookies, as per your preference.
(2a) How to control cookies
You are not obliged to accept cookies and may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. The browser you use to surf the web not only allows you to see the cookies that you have got but also allows you to control their use.
You can control them by allowing them, deleting them individually or deleting all of them. You can also set your browser to not accept cookies altogether. If this option is selected, you should be aware that many websites will not function properly or at all. It may be possible to set your browser to not accept cookies and ask for your consent before each cookie is set on your device. This gives you control over what is set on your device, however has the drawback of slowing down your browsing experience.
There are different levels of control too. You are able to prevent just third party cookies being deployed, effectively opting out of behavioural advertising, and some even allow you to block specific companies you do not wish to deploy a cookie, instead of selecting all companies.
In order to manage your cookies, please select your browser from the list below and follow the instructions:
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- (e) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
(5) Policy amendments
(6) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at Â£10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(7) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(8) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.