A rare opportunity to join the award-winning team at Bristol24/7 has become available for an exceptional business development and membership manager.
Our new Better Business Manager will be the face of the membership and an integral part of Bristol24/7’s future.
While every day as our Better Business Manager will be different, here are some of the key responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Managing Director to develop and implement a membership development plan, covering sales, marketing and retention
- Managing key accounts and business members
- Proactively identifying prospective business members and make initial contact by phone and email
- Acting as the primary contact for key partners and members, managing member relationships including regular communications and face to face meetings
- Ensuring that benefits delivery is carried out to improve membership satisfaction
- Connecting businesses with commercial, editorial and project opportunities
- Presenting the membership proposition at meetings and events
- Developing and managing the delivery of campaigns to recruit new members and key partners
- Ensuring that the membership offering is clearly presented through Bristol24/7’s digital channels, at networking events, and city wide at relevant events
Researching and acquiring opportunities to promote membership through partnerships
- Working with the Managing Director and Community Manager on the planning and delivery of regular members’ events and develop a regular programme of activities for members
- Regularly attending other relevant events
- Managing Better Business communications across our digital platforms and social media
- Working with the sales, partnerships and editorial team on content, initiatives and wider strategy
- Maintaining a strong understanding of city news with a special focus on social, environmental and economic impact projects
- A confident account manager
- Able to develop new business and close a deal
- Outgoing personality- you will need to be able to walk into networking events and be comfortable introducing yourself to strangers
- Able to both work independently and part of the team
- Interest in Bristol24/7 and a passion for making a difference
- Great time management skills, ability to multitask and a proactive nature are also especially important skills since you’ll be managing so many different areas of the business
- Event planning and social media experience would be an advantage
We’re looking for someone smart who doesn’t get stressed under pressure. And knows how to have fun…
In return we offer:
- competitive salary (tbc dependent on experience)
- generous, uncapped commission structure
- great opportunities for career progression for the right candidate
- a great working environment in a happy team
- plenty of social events
- membership of Bristol24/7!
Does this sound like the job for you?
If so, please email Bristol24/7 Managing Director Ben Wright on Ben@bristol247.com, with your CV and covering letter explaining why you should be our new Better Business Manager.
The closing date to apply for this role is midnight on Monday, November 18 2019.