We’re looking for a Community Manager to join our small but fast growing team.
Bristol24/7 has always aspired to be more than just a magazine. At the heart of our social impact agenda are our core values of inspiration, inclusion and investment in the people of Bristol.
Our priorities are to create opportunities for young people, inspire communities and celebrate diversity through storytelling. We do this by creating projects that have a direct impact on people’s lives and by using our platforms to amplify voices of marginalised communities across Bristol.
This year is all about growing our social impact programme, developing existing projects and reating new ones. We’re always looking to form new partnerships across the city, working together to make a positive change.
Our new Community Manager will be the face of the company, managing communications in both directions as the programmes grows. This digital-savvy employee will be responsible for communications, PR, social media, events, project management and content creation, among other things.
While every day as a Community Manager will be different, this is what the role’s responsibilities may include:
- Content creation– creating engaging blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
- Events and event planning – Supporting the business development manager as well as the wider team in planning and delivering events as well as sometimes attending industry events (on occasions outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community
- Customer relations – the Community Manager is also responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online feedback forums
- Communications/marketing strategy – the Community Manager will work with the wider team to implement strategic marketing/communication plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications
- Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Business development – The Community Manager will also support the Business Development Manager in new business and sales
- Writing skills – experience with writing is advantageous since you will be creating content
- Social media experience – experience with social media tools as well as someone who can navigate WordPress and understands Twitter and Facebook for business
- Outgoing personality – You will be required to walk into networking events and be comfortable introducing yourself to strangers
- Interest in Bristol24/7 and a passion for making a change – As Community Manager you will need to be passionate about what you do and an expert at communicating this passion effectively
- Other person specifics: Great time management skills, ability to multitask and a pro-active nature are also especially important skills for our Community Manager since you’ll be managing so many different areas of the business
- We’re looking for someone smart who doesn’t get stressed under pressure
Is this you? If so please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 16.