Rovers will go to court again over the row with Sainsbury’s which saw their plans for a new stadium buried.
The club said it will take the case they lost earlier this year to the Court of Appeal on either January 26 or 27. The appeal is likely to last three days.
Rovers were granted leave this week to appeal against the decision which all but destroyed plans for a news stadium.
A high court judge sided with Sainsbury’s earlier this year in a row over whether the supermarket was obliged to buy the existing Memorial Ground.
Rovers must sell the current ground to raise the funds for the new £40 million stadium in Stoke Gifford.
Rover chairman Nick Higgs said: “We are pleased that the dates given are earlier than anticipated and this is good news as far as we are concerned.”