News: Cargo 2 announces official opening party
Shops, restaurants and bars are already beginning to open their sliding doors in the converted shipping containers that make up Cargo 2.
The latest business to be confirmed as joining is Sholay Indian Kitchen, a new casual dining concept from the team behind The Mint Room in Clifton, promising a short menu based on Pan-Indian items served as small and large sharing plates.
On Friday, May 26, the businesses that make up Cargo 2 within Wapping Wharf will join forces for an opening celebration.
The party will take place from 5pm until 8pm, with retailers offering tasters and samples, as well as offers and discounts.
– The Athenian will be offering free souvlaki wraps all day
– The first 50 people through Mabboo after 5pm will receive a free bamboo gift. Any customer spending £30 or over will also receive a free bamboo gift, from 5pm-8pm
– Spuntino will have a tombola with prizes up for grabs and will be giving out vouchers
– Pure Yoga will be hosting free taster sessions from 2pm until 4.45pm. Book in advance by emailing email@example.com or calling 07779 686711
– Loop Massage will be offering a third off massages booked over the Bank Holiday weekend, starting on Friday evening, plus there will be 10 per cent of all Loop products
– Gopal’s Curry Shack will be offering a free samosa to the first 25 people through the door after 5pm
– John Kelly 1880+ will be running offers from the start of business on Friday until the close of business on Sunday
Stuart Hatton, director at Umberslade, the developer behind Cargo, said: “Retailers are holding their own individual openings and soft launches over the course of May, but these celebrations will give the people of Bristol a chance to come down to this vibrant new quarter and check out the exciting additions to its independent retail scene, most of whom will be open by then.
“It’s set to be a brilliant summer down at Wapping Wharf this year with all the shops, restaurants and cafes along Gaol Ferry Steps and at Cargo 1 now open, and now Cargo 2 joining this exciting new community.”
Read more: Get ready for Cargo 2