We are on the hunt for the ‘standout moment’ of artist Luke Jerram’s Play Me, I’m Yours street pianos project in Bristol – the photo or video that best showcases the city’s creativity.
If you’re a pianist or a group of musicians with a plan to jam together around one of the pianos, a choir or a rapper, make sure you get one of your friends to capture the moment so you can enter.
We are interested in both striking photos and videos of performances that illustrate the city’s creative flair, as well as quirky, unusual moments such as a chance meeting or maybe even a wedding proposal…
The following prizes have been generously donated by Play Me, I’m Yours sponsors and piano hosts to form a bumper ‘Best of Bristol prize’ for one lucky winner to take home:
– Two tickets to a classical concert (James Rhodes, October 4) and to contemporary concert (Green Gartside and Alexis Taylor, December 12), donated by St George’s Bristol, a sponsor and piano host
– Two standard tickets to Bristol Fashion Week on September 29 at 6pm, donated by The Mall at Cribbs Causeway, a sponsor and piano host
– A night’s stay for two at soon-to-be launched boutique serviced apartments, Beech House in Clifton (valid for six months), donated by Urban Creation, a sponsor of the project
– A gift voucher of £50 for a meal/purchase at any of the Gaol Ferry Steps or CARGO businesses at Wapping Wharf, which is a sponsor and piano host
– A family ticket (valid for a year) for At-Bristol science centre, a sponsor and a piano host
– £50 worth of M&S vouchers, donated by the Broadmead BID, a sponsor and piano host
– £25 worth of vouchers which can be spent at either Tobacco Factory Sunday Market, the café bar or the Grain Barge, donated by the Tobacco Factory, a sponsor and piano host
– A fish board for two and a bottle of Wild Beer (750ml) (valid for 6 months), donated by Wild Beer at Wapping Wharf, which is involved in hosting a piano
– Two open return standard class tickets valid on any Great Western Railway service on any day of the year at any time (valid for 12 months from date of issue) – Bristol Temple Meads is hosting a piano on platform 3
– Two tickets or a family ticket to visit Brunel’s SS Great Britain, donated by SS Great Britain, a sponsor and host
– A breakfast from the Mokoko cafe and bakery at Wapping Wharf and drink for two, along with a bag of coffee to takeaway – Mokoko is involved in hosting the Wapping Wharf piano
– A First Bus Bristol Inner Zone month ticket worth £66, donated by First West of England, who are hosting a piano at Bristol Bus & Coach Station.
To enter: all you need to do is post your video or photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #bristolstreetpianos or email email@example.com. The competition will run until 11.59pm on September 7 and will be judged by artist Luke Jerram, Play Me, I’m Yours project manager Sally Reay and Bristol24/7 Editor Martin Booth.
Entries must be submitted by September 7, 11.59pm.
The judges’ decision is final.
Prizes are as stipulated and cannot be exchanged.
On entry, the entrant gives their permission to be used for promotional purposes.
Shortlisted entrants will be contacted after the competition closes. If you have posted your entry via social media channel we will contact you via that channel to get your contact details and the original photo/video so we can upload your entry to the street pianos website: www.bristolstreetpianos.co.uk
To see all our current competitions, visit www.bristol247.com/competitions