Sarah and Kate Farmer are the two owners of The Farm Cafe in Clifton.
“Ever since we started baking as children we have been on the quest for the perfect brownie recipe,” the sisters say.
“Personally, we feel that a bad brownie is a crime to baking. The number one rule being that a chocolate brownie should be rich, gooey, fudgy, dense and moist; and definitely in no way dry or sponge-like.
“As you can see we take this all very seriously, and as such have spent a while trialing and altering various brownie recipes until we finally perfected it.
“Due to lots of alterations and us halving the quantities for the purposes of this article some of the measurements are slightly odd, but trust us they work!”
1 1/2 Blocks of butter
4 oz Cocoa powder
1.2lbs Caster sugar
1tsp Vanilla extract
4 oz Plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
250g good quality dark chocolate
1. Melt butter, chocolate and coco in a pan.
2. Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together.
3. Add sifted flour to egg mix.
4. Once chocolate is melted add to the bowl of other ingredients.
5. Pour into prepared greased tin. Bake at 170 for around 20-25mins, so it still has a slight wobble in the centre.
The Farm Cafe are exhibiting at this weekend’s Taste Chocolate festival. For more information, visit www.tastechocolate.co.uk.