Bristol’s head of tourism was awarded the outstanding contribution to tourism award at a prestigious awards ceremony.
Kathryn Davis picked up the accolade at the Bristol, Bath & Somerset Tourism Awards, with the city also bringing home a number of other gongs including the visitor information centre of the year.
“I am absolutely overwhelmed with this award,” Davis said. “We were busy celebrating the tourist information centre winning gold and it wasn’t until Robin Barker was half way through his introduction speech, that the penny finally dropped.
“I am privileged to have worked my way up and developed my career at Destination Bristol working on projects locally, nationally and internationally.
“I am very lucky to work with an outstanding team of people and some wonderful businesses in Bristol and I couldn’t do my job without them.”
Here are the other Bristol award-winners:
- Aerospace Bristol won Bronze for Business Tourism and Venue Award
- Spike Island Cafe won Bronze in Café/Tearoom of the Year category
- Jenny Stoves from Bristol Zoo won Gold for Customer Service Superstar Award
- Motorhome Holiday Company won Bronze for Glamping and Alternative Accommodation of the Year
- Bristol’s Independent District (Gloucester Road) won Highly Commended
- Bristol Hoppers won Silver and Where The Wall’s Bristol Street Art Tour won Gold in Guided Tour of the Year Award
- Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust won Highly Commended and The New Room (John Wesley’s Chapel) won Bronze for International/Inbound Visitor Experience of the Year
- Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm won Bronze, and SS Great Britain and Aerospace Bristol won Silver for Large Attraction of the Year Award
- Hotel du Vin & Bistro won Bronze for Large Hotel of the Year Award
- Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm won Silver for Responsible, Ethical and Sustainable Tourism Award
- The New Room won Gold for Small Attraction of the Year Award
- Where The Wall’s Introducing Stencil Art spray sessions won Silver in The Bob Smart Learning Experience of the Year Award
- Bristol Harbour Festival won Silver in Tourism Event/Festival of the Year
- Aerospace Bristol won Gold in Tourism New Business Award
- SS Great Britain won Gold in Tourism Innovation Award