Series of four weekly creative writing workshops run by Write Club’s Alison Powell.
“If you’re new to workshopping and sharing your work, this series of four, weekly sessions is perfect for you. Working with Alison Powell and a team of supportive writers, you’ll have the opportunity to:
* develop a piece of creative prose writing – flash fiction, short stories, novels, hybrids, experiments…all welcome!
* establish a regular writing habit
* receive feedback on your writing
* find out how to offer constructive criticism on other people’s work
* learn about narrative structure, character development and more
* focus intensively on your writing project
“You can reap the benefits of: weekly meetings, small workshop groups, strict deadlines to help you keep your writing on track. You’ll be expected to produce 500-1000 words for each session and to read other people’s work between meetings.
“NB Although this is a face-to-face course, you will need to type your work and to have access to email. You will also need either a laptop or the ability to print out work for each session. This series is perfect preparation for our highly popular Work in Progress series and participants in the Write Now Intensive will have the chance to pre-book future Work in Progress series.”
Booking essential: 16 places only.